"To provide a broadly-based, community forum that collectively supports all residents of Crestwood in establishing a friendly, safe, attractive neighbourhood of which its citizens can be proud."
This will be done by:
- Playing a proactive, leadership role in listening to the needs of residents, identifying issues and implementing positive, community-based solutions;
- Reaching out to all residents in welcoming ways to become involved;
- Offering a representative voice of Crestwood residents on relevant matters that affect Crestwood or the City at large;
- Providing an attractive, comfortable building that allows for affordable, diverse use by all age groups within the community;
- Maintaining nicely landscaped, well-kept grounds that may be used for a wide range of social and recreational purposes;
- Sponsoring community-oriented and economical recreational/social/leisure facilities & programs that are identified and supported by residents;
- Organizing a few selected major events during the year that bring the community together; and
- Being good stewards of available resources and as self-sufficient as possible.
- To provide for the recreation of the members and to promote and afford for friendly and social activities.
- To acquire lands, by purchase or otherwise, erect or otherwise provide a building or buildings for social and community purposes.
- To encourage and promote amateur games and exercises.
- To provide a meeting place for the consideration and discussion of questions affecting the interests of the community.
- To carry on a literary and debating club for the discussion of topics of general interest, and to encourage the practise of public speaking among its members.
- To promote the delivery of lectures on social, educational, political, economic, and other subjects and to give and arrange musical and dramatic entertainments.
- To establish and maintain a library reading room.
- To provide all necessary equipment and furniture for carrying on its various objects.
- To provide a centre and suitable meeting place for various activities of the community.
- To sell, manage, lease, mortgage, dispose of, or to otherwise deal with the property of the society.