100 YEARS AGO TODAY...........ESTABLISHED AS THE 142 STREET DISTRICT COMMUNITY LEAGUE On March 3 1917
The first elected executive was made up of George Hall, H.P. Brown, G. MacDonald, W. Moore, Mrs. MacDonald, H.M. Hood and C. Sanders.
In 1933 the league's name was changed to Crestwood after several years of confusion.
It had gone under various names such as 'Jasper Place, Westgrove and District' and 'Crestwood and Capital Hill.' 1.
The 142 Street designation was dropped in 1933.
1. Volunteers published 1986
Crestwood is one of 10 leagues that predate the EFCL.